Sunday, January 07, 2007

Damn consultants..

Is it too much to think that a professional lactation consultant would know the correct information? So I have been a nut for twp days ever since the consultant told me that I must introduce a bottle now or he will never take to one. Now after talking to my doula, who was a maternity nurse for 30 years, and some blog ladies..well this lady may not know the whole truth..But it kills me that she is going around telling women the wrong information. I have been warned about some lactation consultans who work for the insurance companies but it was offered free to me and so I took the opportunity. Again, it just kills me and thank God I have a good network of ladies to run this stuff by..otherwise I would be screwed.

Thanks to K and Cecily especially..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My little guy hated the bottle from the get-go. Some crazy nurse stuck a bottle of formula in his mouth without my consent about 20 minutes after he was born, and oh did he SCREAM. He's wanted nothing but the breast from the very beginning. So maybe evil lactation consultant has more experiences with babies of Izzy's type..Although I think they're the minority.

Most LC's tell you that you should wait until breastfeeding is well established (circa 4 months or so) before bottle feeding. I think the long wait is a bit of hooey too. :)