Thursday, January 04, 2007

To Pump or not to Pump


So I know my hubby would really like to feed the baby but I have so many mixed feelings about Pumping. I am not sure why I do, I know I have fears that max will never nurse after he finds a bottle. It is strange because I was so sure that I would and be comfortable with it. I am going to nurse for a while and it would be nice to have emergency bottles at home for him if his dady or if his grandparents are watching him and I am not home. Ugh!
I know tons of women have done this and I am hoping that after talking about this..well that I will just let go and go with the flow..
But here is a Max photo of him when he is 14 days old. The yawning cracks me up.

2 comments:

Korin said...

pumping sucks, i hate it! i only did it cause i had to go back to work. when i'm home, she's only fed by my boobs, otherwise it's too confusing. but... if youdecide to punp, wait until nursing is really well established, to decrease his confusion. also use a low flow nipple, make him work for it!
daddy and grandparents can change dipes, give baths and love up on him in other ways. leave the feeding to mama. :)
ps, love the new pix!

Anonymous said...

Pumping makes me feel like a dairy cow. :) Surprisingly, it doesn't feel too bad. But then, I have a fairly weak pump!