Monday, September 04, 2006

Blame it on the rain!

A little about my family: my hubby, my two dogs and the little baby inside of me all sleep non-stop when it rains. I know the baby moves around a lot but when it is raining, this baby is just like his dad. The minute is stopped raining, he was back in the ring and ready for a good fight. Slam! Pow! Punch! Kick! He has also decided to sit on my bladder more this week, not everyday, but a lot. I knwo this is happening when I have to pee 5 times in a 40 minute period but then the next day it is fine.

My girlfriend, Stacy, has a baby-sitter that just gave birth and we weant to the hospital to see the little one. He was so little and it was so exciting to see him. Of course, nerve racking because the next time I will go to the maternity ward will be for this little one inside of me. It furthered my thinking about the midwife and MD thing. If I were not planning on going natural, I do not think I would give a shit. I would go with the MD since I would be given an epidural and not even think twice about labroring in different positions. This is not the case. There has been so muany studies about giving drugs during birth. I am not talking about an epidural for an hour or two, I mean the women who get it once they are 2 cm dialated. For me I do not want to drug the baby before he enters the world, if I can avoid it. Both my girls, Stacy and Brandi opted for the epidural for the last 30 minutes to relax the uterus enough to get the baby out. Again, there is no judgement, this is my choice only. And yes, I am scared about the pain but that is why I have my hubby, my mom, my doula, and Dory (what an amazing team)!


So bottom line: My hubby, who is an amazing man, supports any decision I make. He has only one wish, that we do it in the hospital and I agree.

It is great to be supported by my husband and my family. I do not know where I would be without them.

No comments: