Monday, February 26, 2007

Boogy Update!!

We are very proud ot the fact that we have mastered the boogy situation. Ok, so here it goes.

1. Shoot breast milk up his nose or dab a little water in his nose.

2. Take a Q Tip and pull out the cotton into a point.

3. Take the Q Tip and put it up baby's nose like you are fishing for a booger (don't go too far in).

4. Let the point find the booger and drag it out.

5. Boogie should come out of the nose.

Max hates boogies because then he cannot sleep, eat or breathe. It makes things very difficult. Another trick in this house it to lean him over the humidifier and let him have a steam bath. So funny when you see a little fatty baby hanging over a humidifier.

As for me, the momma, I am doing better today. I think it is harder for me to deal with the postpartum weight than the pregnancy weight. But all for an amazing little bundle of JOY!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! :)

Izzy and I use one of those booger-bulbs. He hated it at first, but now we play "hunting the booger". I'll make a happy face, say "I seeeeeee a booger in there!" and then go in after it with the booger bulb. When I miss the booger, I squeeze the air out of the bulb onto his hand or neck and he giggles. When I get the booger, I say "AH hah! I FOUND THE BOOGER! Izzy is now booger free!" and tickle him.

The q-tip idea sounds really good for the boogers that just refuse to come out, as the booger-hunting game grows old for him pretty fast if I use the bulb 4, 5, 6 times. :p