Friday, February 23, 2007

I am a big boy..

Well a week and a half ago I started having Max sleep otally on his own. I knew it would mean less sleep for me but I was willing. I started sleeping him 5 ft away from me and he was waking just like he was a little 3 day old baby.

Sleep went like this:

1 hour 15 mins

1 hours 45 mins

2 hours

2 hours 30 mins

But now sleep is like this:

Feed at 11:45 pm

Wake to feed for 5 mins at 2:45 am

Feed at 5:00 am

Wake at 7:30 am

YEAH!!!

A special thanks to Cec, http:://zia.blogs.com/wastedbirthcontrol/ for reminding me about swaddeling the baby. It is strange because Max hated to be swaddled but now he loves it and now he sleeps for a while because of it.

Also thanks to Little Liberal NYC Mama, http://littleliberals.com/blog/, for telling me to fill up Max's tummy so he will sleep for a while because it works.

For Scott and I, we wanted Max to be able to sleep alone even though him sleeping on my belly or in my arms was delicious. Again, this was just for us as parents and in now way am I making any judgement about co sleeping with your child longer than 8 weeks.



1 comment:

Korin said...

glad sleep is going well! we're still loving cosleeping, at 8 months. gotta do what works for each family. :)