Thursday, August 17, 2006

Doulas

Exciting, yes we have hired a doula and I am, not sure who is happier..me or my husband. Anyway she is just the sweetest woman but I can see that part of her that can be really aggressive if a doctor really pisses her off. She is a little maternal like granmother who you would think lives in a little cottage in England. She has been doing this forever and was reccomended by two people I admire. I hear there can be really bad doulas out there just like really bad dentists, lawyers, doctors etc. So she will be there for the whole labor and delivery, well she even comes to the house when it starts. I could not ask for anything more. It is nice ebcause then my hubby can enjoy this experience instead of having to be my only support. It is an amazing concept and it has been around forever. We are also taking childbirth classes with her, Birthing from Within, http://www.birthingfromwithin.com/.

I am excited because I think this style is kind of who I am. It is a class that helps the mother to go deep within and find that spirit inside of her to keep going. It is about reshaping our ideas and beliefs around birth. I am also excited.

I have been moving fast again and feeling anxious. Scott said just slow down..where are you trying to go? I had to think about that..where am I trying to go? I think I am just scared for all of this new change and yet totally ready for this little boy to come out and say hello. I just need to let go and chill.

:)

No comments: