Saturday, June 03, 2006

Yummy-protein pregnancy shake

Meal Shake
This smoothie is a full of protein, vitamins, and minerals.

1 cup milk (nondairy) or kefir
1/4 cup juice (apple, pineapple, etc.)
1 cup fresh or frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
1 tablespoon flax
1 tablespoon hemp seed
1 teaspoon flaxseed oil
1/4 teaspoon spirulina powder

Place blender and grind to powder. Add remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.

Makes 2 servings

This is my version of Cathe Olson's, but she is the author of “Simply Natural Baby Food” and “The Vegetarian Mother’s Cookbook: Whole foods to nourish pregnant and breastfeeding women – and their families.” For more information or to order a book, visit www.simplynaturalbooks.com.

Updating the food list-

can't even look at peanut butter
can't event look at a Humentachen
Love Vietnemese Vegetable Hot and Sour Soup-Nam Phuong-New Favorite
Love Watermelon
Love Pineapple
Love Strawberries
Need Anything cold and light
Love Wheatgrass shots

Lunch today-From Essenne -salad, kale, tofu with curry, and egg frittata with broccoli.

Yummy! I also have an organic fugi apple sitting here next to me waiting for me to eat it. It is strange how my entire life is now about food. But good food none the less.

On another note, ever since I got pregnant I am so in tune to people and thier bahaviors. Isn't interesting when we are plaqued with people who are so self serving. I have wondered my whole life if they are happy or if they even know that they are this way. They just seem to go through life only thinking of themselves. Interesting huh. I am so lucky to have good people in my life.

As for my sister-I know it will all work out with life-never stop seeing the stars! I love you.

As for the women who I love- Kathy, Joy, Lauren, Dory, Andrea, and Bari-thanks for being there and always being selfless.

Today-PAY IT FORWARD!

No comments: