Saturday, May 13, 2006

Breakfast with Mom

So mom and I had breakfast at Jone's this morning. And I have to say that I always loves my mom's company but especially during this time when I feel like she is the only one that really knows how I am feeling. I am so comforted by her words and I look forward to the times when she and I just share pregnancy truths. Yes it is true that your teeth and gums will hurt, yes it is true that you will want salt then sugar then who knows what, yes it is true that you will have no patience, yes it is true that your boobs will always hurt and yes it is true that you will feel slightly irritable 24 hours a day especially when you go to put on clothes and they do not fit or look right. Everyone says, of it is wonderful that they don't fit because the baby is growing but nobody seems to understand, the uterus is only the size of a grapefruit and the only thing that is growing is my ability to eat constantly. Yes, I may be poking fun but it is an amazing experience. It is just amazing that every moment of the day-there is not just me-there are two if us and one of us needs ME to make vital organs. Great thing I learned today is that when you work out and you are pregnant, the body does not raise in temp. Because it protects the baby. Now that is amazing to me because my body just knows what to do to take care of this little baby inside of me growing.

Well I am sure my husband's family will appreciate that I ate a Chic's Pie last night in the Burg. Yummy- a whole small pizza for me with double tomato, garlic, broccoli, onions and anchovies. The anchovies were the best part and of course Scott told her that I was pregnant. Hey, he is right about the anchovies (because I would not typically order that). Nobody told me that all I would think about it FOOD! I cannot get enough of salsa, ketchup, or hot sauce. Maybe because the first two weeks that this baby was growing we were in Mexico and about the ketchup-well my mom, his mom and both of us just love ketchup.

So there it is for my day and now I am at work on thr 6th floor of the Ayer just enjoying the view and my day. It is hard to keep things in perspective and just know that everything is happening exactly the way it should. Until the next time I log in..Have a great day!

No comments: